tune your mind to creativityFirdaus Kharas
the next step in my lifelong pursuit of improving the human condition
Having spent the last 25 years strategically and skillfully creating mass communications to address important and controversial issues most people are afraid to even acknowledge, it’s time to begin the next step in my journey: inspiring new generations to continue creating change in the world
Inspired by doing simple jobs at age 8 for Mother Teresa in his native Calcutta, Firdaus Kharas, MA, D.Hum (hc), LL.D. (hc) has desired to have a social impact throughout his life. His impact has culminated in articles that credit him with influencing or saving “millions of lives”.
Using mass communications as his tool through Chocolate Moose Media, he has been a pioneer in social entrepreneurship for the last 25 years. Working alone out of his home, he has created 4,000 animated shorts, versioned into 371 languages that have been used in 198 countries and seen by over a billion people. As well, he has produced numerous documentaries and TV series seen around the world.
Showered with 110 awards, he has received the prestigious Peabody Award and was named one of the world’s 50 Most Talented Social Innovators and the Best Global Informative Short Film Producer for his unique ability to cross the barriers to human communications like language, religion and culture.
“millions of lives”
Popular Speaking Topics
- Communicate with Anyone, Anywhere, on Anything
How to Create Impact
Creating Communications for Impact
The Two Most Important Skills Necessary for Now and the Future
- The Company of the Future: Shareholders and Social Impact
- Thinking Big. Really Big.
- Awareness is Not Enough
- Making Highly Complex Subjects Easily Understood
- Making Yourself/Your Company an Agent for Change
- My Plea To You (motivational speech)
Download my speaker pack
Sometimes it’s nice to have something in-hand to review at event meetings
- TEDx talk
- World Humanitarian Summit
- Game-Changers Summit, USA
- Media For Social Impact Summit, United Nations
- Global Health and Innovation Conference, Yale University, USA
- United Kingdom Department for International Development
- InfoPoverty Conference at the United Nations
- WAEE, Saudi Arabia
- Global Mobile Health Education Conference, Ireland
- Mobile Health Summit, South Africa
- Children’s Media Conference, England
- Lake Geneva Innovation Society, Switzerland
Listen to Firdaus on the MOMENTUM LIFE PROJECT podcast!
Proud recipient of
- Peabody Award (equivalent to a Pulitzer)
- Humanitarian Outstanding Achievement Awards
- Global Development Award
- End Malaria Award
- Honorary Fellowship
- ReelWorld Trailblazer Award
- Golden Eagles
- World’s 50 Most Talented Social Innovators
- Best Global Informative Short Film Producer
- United Nations Peace Medal
- Honorary Doctorates & Distinguished Alumnus Award from two alma mater universities
- Telly Awards
- Gold, New York Festivals
- Silver Hugo
- Muse Creative
- Best Social Change Media Production Company, Canadian Business Awards – 2019
… and many more.
In addition to honorary doctorates, I hold nine degrees and certificates from eight universities, including Carleton, Harvard, the London School of Economics (LSE) & Stanford.